Bark Chippings - The Perfect Mulch
Medium Bark Mulch Chippings
An ornamental bark mulch with a large particle size makes this an ideal product where long
lasting course grade mulch is required. Specifications: -
- Produced from mixed bark with a high percentage of spruce.
- 90% of the particles fall in the range of 8-35mm.
- White wood content no greater than 15% by volume.
- Moisture content in the region of 50-60% (green weight basis) on delivery
- The weight/volume ratio (bulk density) is normally in the range of 250-350Kg/m3
- The pH range is between 4.5 and 5.5
- Sourced within the UK and certified free of methyl bromide contamination
- Free of unwanted foreign matter such as metal, glass, plastic
- Durable and long lasting and free from pathogens, pests and wee seeds
Ideal for retaining moisture and suppressing weeds
More detail: -
- Dark brown in colour with a "woody" odour
- Please note: Due to the nature of this product and the screening process utilised, oversize
pieces of wood may occur. However, these can easily be removed at the time of installation.
For more information please telephone 0121 457 9977 or call in.
In the summer this bark helps retain moisture in the soil, essential for the health and well being of your plants
and in winter months will help protect roots from the ravages of frost.
Visually very appealing. Ideal for creating a uniform look background to your planting schemes.
Benefits Bark Chippings Mulch
When watering or heavy rain falls will reduce "crusting". Soil which becomes crusted can inhibit the germination of seeds.
Typically mulching encourages worms and other beneficial organisms which will improve your soil
How thick should bark mulch be?
To be effective consider having somewhere between 2 and 4 inches of mulch (50 to 100mm) deep.
Free Bark Mulch Estimate
For a free estimate and discuss your needs please telephone 0121 457 9977 and we will calculate how much bark
mulch you will need.
Bark Nuggets Perfect for Children's Play Areas or Prestigious Landscaping 15 - 65mm
This product is a high quality bark with a large particle size making it ideal for
prestigious landscaping jobs on windy sites where long lasting mulch is required.
- Predominately produced from Pine, Douglas Fir & Larch
- Minimal fine content
- Produces chipped bark with a nominal particle size range of 15-65mm.
- Contains minimal white wood, normally within 5% (by volume basis).
- The weight/volume ratio (bulk density) is normally in the range of 200-250Kg/m3.
- The pH range is between 4.5 and 5.5.
- The product is FSC certified
- Free of all foreign matter such as metal, glass, plastic and any other extraneous materials.
- Reddy brown in colour with a rich pine odour
- Tested to BS EN 1177:1998 Impact Absorbing Playground Surfacing.
- Durable, long lasting and free from pathogens, pests and weed seeds.
Please note: Due to the nature of this product and the screening process utilised,
oversize pieces of wood may occur. However, these can easily be removed at the time